Updated: Sep 7, 2021
Depression is a real problem for so many people. It’s like a dark cloud that follows you everywhere and it prevents you from seeing anything good that comes your way. The condition is not easy to treat, as there’s often an underlying neurological cause. Recent studies have found that CBD oil is an effective treatment of depression,  and that’s exactly what we’re going to discuss in this article.
What are the Traditional Treatments for Depression? Over the years, there have been a number of different treatments for depression with varying degrees of success. From medications, consultation, and therapy sessions, these have all been found to have a positive effect on the patients, but not to the level of great success. This is where CBD oils come in. It can be used in conjunction with these common treatments to ensure the best results.
Listed below are the positive effects of CBD oils for treating depression.
CBD Oil Effects on Depression
1. CBD oil has a number of antioxidant properties, meaning that it can take away the free radicals in your body.  This will help you feel better with your body overall, and with the added comfort from not feeling well, other treatment for depression can see better results.
2. CBD oil has been found to improve the conditions of patients with Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.  There have been many studies to suggest that those who suffer from any degree of Alzheimer’s show a higher tendency to develop depression.  Once their condition is improved, the patient might feel a glimpse of hope and that will give them the motivation to fight against depression. The same effect goes to those with Parkinson’s as well, as it’s been found that a moderated use of CBD oil can reduce the tremors and ease the nerves of the patients.
3. There’s a direct positive correlation between CBD oil and the improvement in the condition of patients with depression. This also extends to other brain conditions such as psychosis and multiple sclerosis as well.
4. Patients with social anxiety, PTSD, OCD, and ADHD are at a higher risk of depression. CBD oils have been found to be effective for treating these conditions as well. Once these conditions are taken care of, the severity of depression could be lowered.
How Could CBD Help with Depression? While CBD oil doesn’t have a direct effect on the serotonin, oxytocin, and cortisol levels, but it can help to reduce the pain and discomfort of patients. And as mentioned earlier, the improved condition can help to boost the morale of the patients which drive them to seek out treatment for their depression. Additional effects of CBD includes mood and sleep regulation, pain soothing, and the increase in appetite. All of these benefits are the first steps to reducing the severity of depression as a whole.
All in all, when received along with other treatments, CBD oils can have a positive moderation effect on the treatment of depression. If you’re looking for an alternative treatment for depression, CBD oil might be the perfect solution for you.
For more information on where and how to get CBD in Spring, Texas visit our up-to-date guide, Click Here
1. Haj-Dahmane, Samir, and Roh-Yu Shen. "Endocannabinoid Signaling and the Regulation of the Serotonin System.” Endocannabinoid Regulation of Monoamines in Psychiatric and Neurological Disorders, 2013, pp. 239–254., doi:10.1007/978-1-4614-7940-6_11.
2. Morgan, Celia Ja, et al. “Cannabidiol Attenuates the Appetitive Effects of Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol in Humans Smoking Their Chosen Cannab