Updated: Sep 7, 2021
It's hard getting a good amount of sleep when you're an adult with responsibilities who also would like to have time for some fun. It's easy to see why so many of us struggle to sleep and get enough rest during the night. Sleeping problems can lead to a feeling of restlessness, stress, anxiety, and will bring our mood down in many ways.
With all the bad side effects that come with medication, people are seeking more holistic solutions to ease their problems. People are looking at meditation, essential oils, and aromatherapy. There's a huge cannabis epidemic as well. CBD has been tested and proven to help ease the anxiety and stress that is keeping us from sleeping. So why not combine two of the most effective things to improve your sleep? Mixing cannabinoids with essential oils might just be the way to go!
We've all heard about it. Lavender is the best essential oil to induce sleep. People have been using it forever to soothe their issues and combat insomnia.  It helps us relax and lie back to have a rest once in a while.
This is another big one that everyone associates with sleep. Chamomile will prepare your mind and body for sleep. It will enhance relaxation, reduce stress, and ease pain. 
This oil is great for soothing muscle and joint pains but is also a terrific mood stabilizer. 
Ylang ylang is known as a mild sedative. Just a little small amount will help you relax and drift away into a soothing sleep. 
This warm, woody scent will make you drowsy. It has anti-inflammatory effects and can be used to soothe any itches or irritations of the skin. 
These oils are well-known for aiding those with sleeping problems. They can also reduce any pains causing you to lose sleep. These essential oils can be applied through scent. You can try putting a few drops into your pillow before bed or putting the oils in a diffuser. These are a few ways you can get the essential oils working for you.
Mixing with CBD
Remember that essential oils can be mixed and blended together. If you are having other issues that a different essential oil could help you with, don't shy away from mixing them! Create your own essential oil mixture for your needs. You can add CBD into this oil mixture as well. Do note that any oils that will be applied through the skin will need a carrier - coconut oil, for instance. You will want to mix two parts of carrier oil to one part of essential oil. This will help prevent irritation to the skin. It is also important to note that although this may be helpful, it isn’t a substitute for medication if you need it. If your doctor has prescribed medication or another form of care, don’t replace it with aromatherapy and/or CBD without consulting him or her beforehand. Try to bring it up at your next doctor’s appointment and see what your medical care provider says about the effects of your specific needs. You cannot completely replace the medication you might need with aromatherapy and CBD unless your doctor lets you know that it is ok. Mixing essential oils and CBD can be a great way to treat insomnia and other sleep problems, as long as you use it in moderation.
Are you looking for CBD to help you get more sleep? Come to visit our pharmacy today! We’re happy to help.
For more information on where and how to get CBD in Spring, Texas visit our up-to-date guide, Click Here
1. Schier, Alexandre Rafael De Mello, et al. “Cannabidiol, a Cannabis Sativa Constituent, as an Anxiolytic Drug.” Revista Brasileira De Psiquiatria, vol. 34, 2012, doi:10.1590/s1516-44462012000500008.
2. “Lavender for Sleep: How to Get Quality Shut-Eye, Naturally.” University Health News, 8 Feb. 2018, universityhealthnews.com/daily/sleep/lavender-for-sleep/.
3. Gupta. “Chamomile: A Herbal Medicine of the Past with a Bright Future (Review).” Molecular Medicine Reports, vol. 3, no. 6, 2010, doi:10.3892/mmr.2010.377.
4. UpNature. “Top 15 Essential Oils for Depression (And 3 Uplifting Blends).” UpNature, www.up-nature.com/blogs/news/top-15-essential-oils-for-depression-and-3-uplifting-blends.
5. Sharma, Manju, et al. “East Indian Sandalwood Oil (EISO) Alleviates Inflammatory and Proliferative Pathologies of Psoriasis.” Frontiers in Pharmacology, vol. 8, 2017, doi:10.3389/fphar.2017.00125.